In my last post I mentioned that I had pretty much wasted a whole year of working towards my long term goals, except for the losing weight one. I am going to have to get serious about these plans or I will be back here next year making more lame excuses about why I still haven’t made any progress. I will tell you, briefly, what my plans are for the coming year and in later posts I will flesh these out and update you on the progress.
There are a few projects here that I want to work on
- I want to get an old car and convert it to electric, it will be used for all local journeys as I think it will have a maximum range of about 35-40 miles
- I want to install solar heating panels
- I want to install solar pv panels
- I want to improve on the reclycling of our waste, both in terms of rubbish and water
Again I have a few things I want to concentrate on
- I want to lose more weight, somewhere in the region of another 3.5 to 4 stone, taking me down to about 15 stone.
- I want to exercise more, both cardiovascular and weight bearing.
- I would love to be able to reduce some of the medication I have to take every day
- The plan here is to develop several income streams that I will be able to use to supplement my normal income and then develop it to the point where it will replace my normal income
- To be able to replace my normal income with my residual income and also to reduce the risk, I will first have to eliminate all of the debt I have and then also start to drive down the outstanding Mortgage.
- With the reduction of payments to debts and bills, reduction in fuel bills due to the solar and pv panels and also the electric car I think we will be able to live on £15,000 per year or less, when I work this out more precisly I will report back on it
Zero Cost Living
- I have already mentioned the solar and pv panels, and also the electric car
- I will be aiming to generate £15,000+ per year on auto-pilot
- I will also be looking to produce some of our own food, I’ll be starting this year in our little veg patch
- I will also be investigating a project I have for starting a willow coppice allotment to produce firewood for burning in a wood burning stove.
That should all keep me busy for a while 🙂